Wednesday 24 October 2012

Crazy Quebecers!!!!

I keep postphoning and rain checking this new update. For some reason every time I sit down to write I can`t think of what to say or how to say it. Plus about half of it comes out in french. Meanwhile while I got about my day I come up with all sorts of things I want you to know and so finally I made a list and I can sorta remember.
Let me start of by saying people here are crazy, hence the title. When I say crazy I mean they do things weird. For instance it is common to have a beer say a coors light and then add tomato juice to it. Totally normal. I dont know if this is common at home but not something I say I have heard about too much. Also they kiss on both cheeks here. When you say hello and good bye, both male and female, old and youngish. The kids kiss you right on the mouth. And if you happen to do a little dance of the head, you may accidently almost kissing lips on to the guy in front of you. Must admit, it happened to me, only once but with a guy who I see every week at church and small group. It was quite funny, needless to say. Also my last and main reason I say Quebec people are crazy is their ability to drive. They lack this ability to drive properly and so if I come home and start driving with you and you think wow you are a bad driver. No its only the fact that you must fit in here, if you drive, you must drive like everyone else. And by everyone else I say drive 10 or 20 over the limit normal and if you dont well prepare for extra light in the eyes and maybe a few trail bumps. Another thing, mom I know you will froan upon this but stop signs, are really yeild signs. So watch out at a four way stop. People dont stop for 3 seconds or even one second. Its more like a roll slowly and speed off. But I understand why. First of if you drive strandard so much easier and second seriously the gouvernment of Quebec went crazy with the stop signs. They are every where and anywhere and yes they are good but it is not necessary to have a three way stop at every road the intersects the main road. That was a little of the road issue, they also like to merge and merge anywhere. And Montreal has the worst highways and road system  ever, it really makes no sense!! But Quebec roads are like driving and consistently having a butt massage.
In saying this all I still love it here. I love the job that I do and the church that I go to. I love the opportunity that I have.  I got to go visit Janaya this past weekend which is a 2 hour drive I made it there and back and driving through Montreal with out getting lost and only stalling once. It was overrall a good weekend, was nice to see a few familiar faces and once again the west coast fraservalley, had the majority of people at Capernwray!!! There were 4 other people from Chilliwack and abby. Go us. Not that its a contest. I must say through that This Capernwray totally different. 20 people instead of 170 people makes so much of a difference. A lot of the weekend I was reminded of my experience in England and was missing it a lot. But everyone there was supper nice and it was very relaxing. It was good to get back home on sunday night and get to see my babies on monday!!
The kids are doing well!! E was walking when I got here and her speed is just increasing with time. Where Z wasnt walking at first but now she walks as much as her sister which is cool to see. They are eating and pooping like only humans can do. We have this tendancy to get more food on there clothes then there should be and all over their faces. But its fun. They are starting to get to know me more and trust me. The other day S had a old childhood friend over and the friend came up when the girls woke up and when I fisihed changing E  I gave her to the friend to hold. However it wasnt quite what E wanted instead she screamed and loud untill I picked her up and she looked at me like who in the world is that and dont you dare put me down again while she is here! It was bad but kinda funny at the same time. Both the girls will come up to me if I am sitting on the floor and they will full out hug me, sit on me with their arms around and start laughing and smiling. Prolly the best thing ever. That and when they come and kiss you right on your lips and then starting laughing. They are adorable. So cute. I am slightly in lovce with them and dont know how I will go two weeks with out them over christmas. They will grow and change so much.
Anything about life here, I cook and clean. Imagine that. I mostly do a little bit of light house work and then I help S make dinner. Its great she reads out what I have to do and I chop and she puits it all together, Sometimes we will even start speaking french. Thats another thing my french so much better I start thinking it and then writing it. I`ll be writing and it will come out french and i will have to try and focus on what the words are in English. Also small groups I am able to for the most part hold up a conversation with people. I even had a guy ask me if I wanted to hang out sometime and be friends!!! Yeah me I am making friends!! Love it!!! Don`t worry all of you back home I could never replace you !!! I really do like it out here. I knew I would learn things. I knew for fact I would learn to take care of kids and all that involves around that and learning french. But I didnt realize I would be learning to cook, drive standard, learning how to make friends, and as well I never thought I would learn soo much biblically and grow in my faith even more. Oh I have also learned how to tell the twins appart better then their grandparents. And S says I am picking up how to read the twins faster then she thought possible.
Well thats a quick update on life!! Missing you guys lots and thank you for your emails and prayers and thoughts. I wish you could all come and visit. Please continue to pray for the friendships, for the people I am in contact with , the health of the family and of me as well for Quebec. Quebec is in a dark dark place.
Lots of love! Je tàdore!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Quebec is a dark dark place? oh dear, now I worry! I trust and know that you will be fine! I am glad to hear that your driving, parenting & drinking skills are coming along! :0 Life is so full of lessons/amazing things to learn! GO MORIAH! xoxox

    ReplyDelete