Sunday 14 October 2012

Life is full of experiences!!

Life lesson, when dealing with kids, Prepare everything in advance!! So from having dinner out and ready half hour before to making sure you have all the bed time things ready. If you want to go and say be there for 10 and say it takes 15 mins to get there well start getting ready at 9 15 at least. One of the lessons I learned early on. If  you have it already before it is needed the world runs a little smoother there is a lot less screaming and a lot happier kids.
Also so my life lately is great fanatastic. I really like t out here. I wasn`t to sure if I would. But I love this family, the kids are adorable, a lot of work but a lot of fun as well. The parents are extremely kind and great to work for. I found an amazing church, everyone is super friendly and there are a few kids about my age. They do a spiritual family group once a week which is a bigger blessing then I could have ever asked for. It gives me a chance to get to know a specific group of people in my area on a deeper level. Plus helps me practice my french as well understand what was talked about on sunday.
Last weekend we went to a wedding of S`s cousin up between Quebec and Montreal. Very fun I must say, IT was loud and lots of kids and lots of french. We ate, we danced and we celebrated. Her family was very kind and understanding and would talk with me and dance with me. Very nice. We also went to S`s Godchilds birthday. The whole weekend was french so by sunday oh boy did my brain hurt just a little. It was very fun and different and nice to get away.
This weekend, there was nothing going on so I watched The Help, I just finished the book so I figured I`d see how the movie stood up. Then Saturday I went off on an adventure! I went to Montreal all by my self and had a grand old time. Love love love!!! I didn`t ever realize how much I enjoy going places by my self sometimes. Its very freeing. I went and parked at Oylmpic Stadium went up the tower looked over Montreal. Came down got directions and hopped on the metro. IT reminded me of Winter travels all over again, just this time no Christy, Brianna or Zach. Paris metro is a lot dirtier as well. I took the metro down to Vieulle Montréal!! And literally walked around there for 4 hours. Went in shops, got coffee and walked along the St Laurent Riviéré. It was an excellent day. The sun was shining and the sky was blue with perfectly shaped clouds. It was cool and warm the perfect fall day.
Side note. Fall around here is amazing, trully beautiful. At home yes trees change colours but not all of them. Here they almost all do. So anywhere you look it is a mixture of yellow, red, orange and greens. With leaves falling and blowing all around you. Could ask for anything better!
So after walking for hours, I had hit this store, which was called Walk in, Montreal is pretty much english, You can find the odd persons who speak only french but most people speak both. Anyway this store has accesories, far better then Accesorize in Europe. It is little and cute and I may have found a perfect red head bando  ( ear warmer) and a lovely scarf. The girl there was about my age and we got to talk and exchanged numbers said if I was in montreal again we should go for coffee and meet up. I had asked if she had time for dinner but she got of late and had homework to do in the evening. Imagine people doing homework!! I know everyone else but me is all up in school work! The piles apparently keep building and yet for me the only homework I have is remembering all that I have to get down in a day. I dont mind through not a real fan of school anway.
Well thats a quick update on life. Oh I have learned to drive stick and so all week after work I have been practicing I made my way to the nearest starbucks which is half hour away. I took a minor detour and only stalled about half a dozen times. Still need more practice.
Please pray for patience and energy for me with the kids as well pray for S she has been asking questions about Christian living vs catholic. As well she has been reading her Bible so pray that both me and her can countinue and find the time to read. Oh I need sleep for some reason I have been un able to sleep, last night I was awake practically all night till pretty much an hour before I had to wake up for church. I need to be awake and rested for the week. I have some praise items for the Church as I said they are amazing really what I was praying for and more. They have invited me to go to Starfield and another event in Montreal. They are very open in including me and helping me with my french. Also one of the older guys sister who is 20 was down this weekend and she is really amazing. So nice I talked to her for about half an hour and almost all in french!! Last thing for my french it needs to get better. I want to be able to partake and feel comfortable talking with people. To have normal conversations. Thank you guys for everything. Love you lots and lots and miss you dearly. Thinking of all you who are in school!

2 comments:

  1. Seriously, you picked the most obnoxious font... it's cute in big, but as the actual post, I can't read it!!! Change your font post Moriah! I'd love to read the post!

    Your Sister,
    Bailey

    PS... why can't I follow you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your tales of how you are learning and evolving your parenting skills! Too funny! When it comes to be your for real time to parent your own kids, you will be ahead of the crowd! good fun!

    ReplyDelete