Wednesday 31 October 2012

Lukewarm coffee!

I would like a lukewarm, almost cold cup of coffee!! Said no one ever. Well maybe in the summer with some ice in it. But not a winter drink. Yet this is how I have come to know my coffee. I was never really a coffee drinker until I realized it was helping to have when trying to stay awake. But at first it was want some coffee with your sugar and cream and now a days its straight black and hope that you get it while its hot. I have accepted the fact that if I want a hot coffee I must wake up before the kids and so I still don't do that because its not worth it. I will take every moment of sleep I can get. (when my body allows) I have also accepted the fact that on a normal morning I will either have to microwave this cup of coffee at least once and up to 5 times before I give up on drinking it. That or it may never be finished and the sink will get to drink its glorious wonderful taste while I will miss out once again. I of course don't make this coffee till after I feed the girls but something happens, someone falls, or wants milk or they start fighting and in comes super Nanny, or Nanny mo. And the storm is calmed and I get back to my coffee and breakfast 30 mins later. Thats my life and I am okay with it.
So it's been a while but time here seems to fly and before you know it you are the weekend already!!! It doesn't feel like its been a week since I went to Chapters and spent hours looking at books and then drinking coffee and relaxing but it has. Last weekend, I was home alone. And Boy what a weird feeling that is. I got home from yoga friday morning and they had left already. It was eery coming home and having no one there. But they left and I was then left to figure out what to do and so I took my sweet sweet time getting ready, watched tv in the middle of the day. Which is a small gift, when there are kids around all the time. And then I went shopping and I actually went out for a walk to this family from churches house and had dinner there and talked before my night out with this friend from church. So I dont know if I mentioned it before but I have a friend and his name is David. But with a french accent. And he goes to the church I found and the small group and he is a boy and plays the drums and that is all I am going to say. We are friends. And its nice to have found a friend. On the other hand I have been reading a lot lately and in the book "Crazy Love" it says 'Most of us have too much going on in our lives...too much of the good life ends up being toxic, deforming us spiritually' I know random but it spoke to me. I was realizing that while it is not bad to have things in life and that is is good to be busy. That at the same time my life at home in BC was that. It was what he said it was toxic. I was always busy always doing things never home never with my family. Never with God I never sat down and just thought or went for a walk to talk with God or just be alone. It was always a scary thought, to just be alone. Because when I am alone the worst thoughts come to mind, I always start to worry and stress and analysis things and I don't enjoy it. It would make me feel worse and so I love to fill my time with people and work and things where I don't have to think. However this isn't good I was making my life toxic to me spiritually. I was empty and its a weird thing to say after spending 6 months in a bible school where you are on a spiritual high and then to drop its scary. And I dropped and didn't know what to do. So I left i came to a place where I knew no one and its like a child going to school for the first time, not knowing what to expect, not knowing anyone and then slowly getting to know people. And I am slowly getting to know people but in the mean while I am taking my time to be alone and relax and ponder and become okay with being alone for a short while. Today is another alone day and it doesn't scare me as much as it used to. I enjoy going out for coffee alone and reading and catching up on things you cant do with people. Not to say I want to spend all my time alone, I look forward to church and small group every week, I look forward to going out to meet with people or spending time with Sara and Andre. However I am not desperate to have a million and one friends here. I am content with having a few, for now. Plus I could never replace the ones back home thats for sure!!
Anyway back to life Saturday was a chapters and starbucks day followed by baking and movie watching. And sunday was church where there was two baptisms and lunch that followed. As well as a relationship course in french of course. I went to it and afterwards my brain hurt. And its not on relationships like girlfriend boyfriend but rather between people in your life. I am thinking ill go again if not to just get out and see people and listen to french. I am hoping it gets easier, it already has but sometimes if I listen to too much french it cause my brain to almost explode.
This week was pretty calm, not a lot going on. Well other then Halloween on wed night and small group on tuesday. I brought my cookies on tuesday and they where as big a hit as ever. Everyone loved them, they all got eaten. And then Halloween we did a fireman theme. So J was our firefighter and the girls where dalmatians and me and S made a burning building for A and then we made a fire hydrant and fire truck. None of our costumes where never worn at the same time but they were cute none the less. I stayed in the with girls and S while A and  J where out in the garage handing out candies. We bought 150$ in candy and there was none left and there was still people coming around. There was so many kids come around, the streets where packed. Fun night, kinda crazy, since the girls have been cranky all week. Friday was the worst they decided they where going to scream at the top of their lungs for 5 mins straight with no reason, I tried everything and in the end it was decided it was nap time, Hallelujah!!! And now its saturday and its a Starbucks day, with my Christmas drink and my books and booking my flight back to Montreal after Christmas. I have my flight home I fly home on the 17th so start the count down!!! And I am home for two weeks!!!! Oh and I was reminded by my mother that 51 days till Christmas!!! Well love ya lots and home you enjoy your weekend and week to come!!

1 comment:

  1. Love, love reading about your growth and explorations in life! It only gets better no matter how bumpy the road! We are now down to 38 sleeps till Christmas! Cant wait to hear your Toronto adventures, before you know it you will be coming home for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete