Monday 1 October 2012

Here comes the weekend!!

So it`s sunday after my first week and boy what a different week it is compared to my normal life. I think it is so different and exhausting that you cant realoly miss home. There is no time. There is always 3 children who are near by. You can`t sleep past 7:30 with out hearing the pitter patter of little feet. And yes when that time hits you are never ready to wake up. Yet its worse to stay laying in bed then to get up and join them, I have found that even on saturday you might as well get up. If you lie there hearing the noise you cuss the noise but as soon as you go up and join and see the beautiful smiley faces running around and having fun you can`t help but join. And so I have cut out half my sleep to play with kids and so then when kids nap oh boy it is a house hold nap. One of the best parts sometimes is having that nap so that you have energy for the rest of the day.
Enough about sleeping and naps, Friday evening I went out and saw the town of Valleyfeild with S we had a little date night, S is the mom. And so far she is one of my only friends in this town and I love sitting and talking with her. We tried to find a cafĂ© but no such thing. Seriously this place does not do coffee. They have placees where you can have wine and cheese or beer and food. They do it like the Europeons. Saturday my day off was not a day off really because I don`t have much to do I join the family. I am fine with this we went apple picking in the morning and then I went out with A and S while a babysitter watched the kids. Crazy right. To have a nanny and then hire a babyistter. Well they wanted me to meet A family and also whether they hire a babysitter or I watch the kids they would have to pay extra becuase it is my day off. So we went and had wine and cheese and talked with a bunch of people I have never meet before. It was a party in this big house and it was for A`s brother-in-law and father who are hiking the tallest mountain in Africa and doing a Safari with this organization. It was fun and weird. But A dressed in a home made elephant costume and S dressed as a lepreod slash cheetha.
Sunday morning I pulled myself out of bed so me and S could go to the church that we looked into. It is a baptist church but its the closest you will find to a menno church around here. Everything else is Catholique. And so this church that we went to looks like a house. It is tiny and so we didnt think people went. But what do you know it is an up and running church we had called before and gotten information on times and how big of a congergation it was and it was a good 100 people or so, of all cages. It was so incredibly welcoming everyone came and said hi and introduced themselves and gave a hug. Then at the end of the service they talked and invited us to their local small group thing. And then it was two kisses one on each cheek and a good bye. I think I will continue to go even if half of the message does not make any sense. Still a good way to practice my french and meet people.
Also news A and S just got a new car and it is standard and I do not know how to drive it but I have to learn and quickly if I want to go anyway. So by the time I get home I will be able to watch kids and change diapers, speak amazing french and drive a standard car!!!! Wooo Hoooo!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment